Thursday, July 3, 2008

Summer Roses


Juliet:"What's in a name? That which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet."
Romeo and Juliet (II, ii, 1-2)


Couldn't help but remember these immortal lines from Shakespeare. Comes naturally, I guess, since I majored in English Literature all those ages back! And ShakesP has been a favourite.... One of my retirement wishes includes curling up in a comfy rocker with the Complete Works of the master.

Well, the pictures are from my mom's garden. And they remind me of another favourite - Kiss from a Rose by Seal. You can find the lyrics to this soulful, haunting number right here.
Happy crooning!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Winged visitor

Winged visitor
This felllow came a-visiting yesterday morning. For a better picture, click on the photograph here.