Friday, June 27, 2008

Guess what?

Can any of you guess what that packet in the picture above is? Oho, so you thought I smoke, and that was obviously a packet of lights. Right?

Wrong!!! ….that is actually a packet of chocolates! (ta-da)

Remember those chocolate sticks wrapped in a paper cover, and made to look like ciggies? I’m not too sure how popular they are now, but they used to be hugely in style with kids back in the 70s.

I got this packet from a trip to a quaint little town called Carpinteria in California. That place has an old-worldly confectionary called Robitaille's that stocks some amazing stuff. (It is a must visit if you ever venture into that part of the world.) Their mints are to-die-for...

And today I finished my last piece of the chocolate ciggies, along with my kids. Glad I could share some of my childhood memories with them. :)

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Winged visitor

Winged visitor
This felllow came a-visiting yesterday morning. For a better picture, click on the photograph here.