Friday, September 19, 2008

Tis’ A Time For Change

It is that time of the year again… when there is a nip the air

Large white clouds float across the blue skies making fascinating shapes
The chameli flowers (Indian jasmine) spread their sharp fragrance in the air

Photo from external source; click on photo for original source

...and the mornings become chilly.

Monsoon showers try to assert their weight in one last show of day-long showers before the autumn sets in.

Autumn in India means the advent of the festive season. The sales start in earnest as festive buying picks up. The
Ravana-makers start making bamboo frames of the demon king. (I'll tell you more about this in a future post, promise!)

As the days become shorter, everyone starts counting days for the upcoming holidays.

And in this time of change, I have decided to bring about some alteration in my life. Yes, I am standing on the verge of another ending, or maybe… it will be a new beginning after all!

At the end of the month, I shall quit my well-paying full-time job for the sake of home, family, kids, and most importantly, for myself. My heart tells me that I owe my time more to my kids at this point in life than to some random software product. And I have chosen to hear the sayings of my heart...

Of course there are mixed feelings – slight trepidation for the financial setback (after all who doesn’t want money to raise two kids), but somehow the feeling of freedom and liberation is far greater. I feel more confident of finally leading the life I had always wanted - with my paints and brushes, and the attendant creative chaos. To me this is leading the charmed life, and I am so thankful to have a partner who not only understands but supports my decision.

What would you follow at the important junctures of life – your head or your heart? I have mostly followed my heart, and never regretted a moment for it!

Am leaving you with this lovely image of the fall colours that I saved from some e-mail forward. We don't get these in India but here's wishing all my readers all the beautiful hues in your life...


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Winged visitor

Winged visitor
This felllow came a-visiting yesterday morning. For a better picture, click on the photograph here.